Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rule 5 Sunday -- Drew Barrymore



This week's Rule 5 submission is Drew Barrymore.


As someone who's been in the industry practically since she was born, it seems like Drew's been around forever. I think her first film appearance was in E.T., but I have never seen that movie and refuse to watch it, so my first rememberence of her is in Firestarter.


Born into the legendary Barrymore acting family, she's certainly had her share of ups and downs. I remember reading that she was an alcoholic before she was even a teenager and I think did a stint in rehab at an age when most kids were in high school.


But she's rebounded well, continuing her acting career and creating her own production company that's been pretty successful with animated stuff, popular things like Charlie's Angels and cult classics like Donny Darko.


I cringe at her taste in men -- the Mac Guy?! But all in all, I applaud her fearless career choices and the fact she doesn't spend all her time walking back every mis-step.


So enjoy this selection of Drew's lisp-y goodness. Some nsfw in there so be careful :-)


*click on the thumbnail for full-sized images*








Rule 5 Sunday suggested by this.